Departmental Advising

Undergraduate engineering students should seek advice from their Departmental Advisors concerning pre-requisite overrides, special permission numbers, scheduling, grad school, and other questions related to engineering major courses.
Some examples include:

  • Can I take a junior departmental course at the same time as a sophomore course?  
  • I am trying to graduate a year early, will I be able to get overrides to do this? 
  • How do I obtain a special permission number for Fluids?
  • Who do I talk to if I want to take a graduate course and potentially get a MS or Phd in Engineering?

Department Office and
Admin Asst.


Graduate Director
and Chair

Applied Sciences 073
EN B100; 848-445-2212

Advising: Dr. A. Long
EN-B100; 848-445-2212

Internship/Co-op & Career Development:
Dr. P. Brown, EN-B114

Applied Sciences - Packaging 073A
CORE 603; 848-445-3224
Magy Gergus

Dr. H. Lin
EN-B240; 848-445-2322

Dr. S. Tse (GD)

Dr. A. Pelegri (Chair)

BioEnvironmental 116/117
Environmental 366

ENR 252; 848-932-9800

Dr. N. Fahrenfeld
RWH 328D, 848-445-8416

Dr. A.J. Both
Assisting Undergrad Director
ENR 248; 848-932-5730
Biomedical 125
Linda Johnson

Dr. K. Labazzo
BME 328C; 848-445-6578

Dr. J. Freeman (GD)

Dr. D. Shreiber (Chair)

Chemical 155
EN-C226; 848-445-2228
Deborah Sclafani
Dr. N. Shapley
EN C230; 848-445-4051

Dr. F. Celik (GD) 

Dr. H. Buettner (Chair)

Civil 180
WH-304E; 848-445-2569
​Linda Szary
Dr. H. Najm 
WH 428G; 848-445-7980

Dr. H. Wang (GD)

Dr. N. Gucunski (Chair)

Electrical & Computer 332
EE-120; 848-445-6600
Pamela Heinold

Dr. Sasan Haghan
EE 122; 848-445-0606

Dr. Y. Chen (Chair)
Industrial 540
CORE 201; 848-445-3654
Laura Kasica
Dr. E. Wicks
CoRE 210; 848-445-8787

Dr. MK. Jeong (GD)

Dr. M. Jafari (Chair)

Materials Science 635
CCR 203; 848-445-1651
Nahed Assal

Dr. E.K. Akdogan
CCR 114; 848-445-4513

Dr. A. Mann (GD)

Dr. L. Klein (Chair)

Aerospace 021
EN B226; 848-445-3514
Cynthia Cartegna
Dr. A. Mazzeo
EN D103; 848-445-2498

Dr. S. Tse (GD)

Dr. A. Pelegri (Chair)

Mechanical 650
EN B226; 848-445-3514
Cynthia Cartegna
Dr. Q. Zou
EN D101; 848-445-3268

Dr. S. Tse (GD)

Dr. A. Pelegri (Chair)


Academic Services Advising (B100): Questions related to  general education requirements (calculus 1-4, physics 1a, 1b, 2a, chemistry 1/2, Statics, Matlab, H/SS electives) and graduation requirements should be referred to the Office of Academic Services

Some examples include: