Rutgers logo
School of Engineering
Rutgers logo
School of Engineering

Event Policy Guidelines


ALL departments, organizations, and individuals hosting an event in Richard Weeks Hall of Engineering, must follow the guidelines below:

  • Events offering food to guests/participants must contact Support Services to arrange housekeeping and additional trash cans.
  • Important Note for Conference rooms and open atrium spaces they MUST be returned to the way they were originally found, so please make sure you clean up the space.
  • Flyer posting policy for Weeks Hall. Weeks Hall is a TAPE FREE ZONE.
  • There is NO food in the classrooms (Rooms 208, 206, 105 Salvin Lecture Hall & 102), food should be kept to the second floor atrium area (This area must be reserved first do not assume the classroom rental allows the use of the lobby areas - see above on how to reserve), if you are hosting an event in Weeks Hall please post a sign on an EASEL by the classroom door that says "NO FOOD ALLOWED".
  • Rental of tables/chairs/coat racks/podiums, please contact Support Services.
  • Tent rentals or any additional items not provided by Support Services, please contact Millers Rentals.
  • To move any furniture within Richard Weeks Hall of Engineering spaces, please contact Support Services. Furniture cannot be stacked in the hallways in classrooms or moved outside of Richard Weeks Hall, furniture can be moved to other positions in the area in question but all furniture needs to be returned as found before the start of class next day .
  • IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT run wires/extension cords across walkways and WEEKS HALL is a TAPE FREE ZONE, so no taped signs or flyers on walls, doors or windows. Please request indoor sign holders or stanchions to rope off event areas from Support Services or you may use easels to hold up your signs.
  • Parking: All guests to Rutgers University MUST register their vehicle in advance. Please click HERE to fill out the Special Event Parking Request Form.
  • NOTE: If your event is serving alcohol and you have sold sponsorships or tickets, you must apply for a Social Affair permit. Events not charging an admission fee and serving alcohol do not need a Social Affair permit.