Faculty Award Nomination Procedures
Each year the School of Engineering recognizes its faculty with a Faculty of the Year and Outstanding Engineering Faculty award. These awards are an important opportunity for our SoE community to recognize the special achievements and contributions of our dedicated faculty members.
Nomination deadline is February 27, 2024. All nominations should be submitted to Kendra Cameron at email@example.com.
Faculty of the Year
This award recognizes exceptional contributions of the SoE faculty to the School of Engineering, the university, the engineering profession, the scientific community and/or society at large. Recipients of the Faculty of the Year Award will be recognized at a faculty reception, where they will receive a plaque and a monetary award in the amount of $5,000 to be used to support their continued research and scholarship activities.
- Nominations are open to all tenured and tenured-track SoE faculty members with tenured or tenure-track appointments at the SoE.
- Nominations may be submitted by any member of the SoE community (faculty, staff, students, alumni, donors, board members, etc.). Self-nominations will not be considered.
- A one-page nomination letter summarizing the exceptional accomplishment/s (required)
- A two-page curriculum vitae (required)
- Relevant supplemental information (optional)
- The recipient will be selected by a committee appointed by the School of Engineering dean.
- Eligible committee members include previous recipients of the SoE Medal of Excellence and Faculty of the Year.
2021-2022 Alberto Cuitiño
2020-2021 Glenn Amatucci
2019-2020 Susan Albin
2018-2019 Yicheng Lu
2017-2018 Lisa Klein
2016-2017 Dipankar Raychaudhuri
2015-2016 Ali Maher
2014-2015 Fernando Muzzio
2013-2014 Andrew Norris
2012-2013 Nenad Gucunski
2011-2012 Prabhas Moghe
Outstanding Engineering Faculty
The award will be given an outstanding faculty in engineering programs at Rutgers. Recipients of the Outstanding Engineering Faculty Award will be recognized at a faculty reception, where they will receive a plaque and a monetary award in the amount of $1,000.
- Scholarship: The nomination package should describe recognition of the faculty’s research and contributions to the state of the art, in the form of scholarly publications (journal or conference), conference presentations, invitations to present talks, local or national awards, etc.
- Teaching: The candidate should have demonstrated excellence in teaching and mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
- Service: The award recipient should have devoted time and effort to service inside and outside their department, in the School of Engineering, and at Rutgers University and in their profession.
Nominations are open to assistant professor, associate professor, professor I and distinguished professor. Only one nomination per department.
- Nomination letter by chair.
- Resume of faculty member including teaching record (student evaluations).
- Two letters of recommendation of independent evaluators outside Rutgers.
The Outstanding Engineering Faculty Award will be selected by the School of Engineering Industry Advisory Board.
2021-2022 Jie Gong
2020-2021 Prosenjit Bagchi
2019-2020 Joseph Freeman
2018-2019 Javier Diez Garias
2017-2018 Benjamin Glasser
2016-2017 Laura Fabris
2015-2016 Assimina Pelegri
2014-2015 Charles Roth
2013-2014 Marco Gruteser
2012-2013 Wade Trappe and Ioannis Androulakis
2011-2012 Marianthi Ierapetritou and David Shreiber