Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
The Chemical and Biochemical Engineering program combines classroom and laboratory learning with hands-on practical and pre-professional training through numerous research and internship opportunities.
Our highly regarded faculty members are engaged in cutting-edge research in the areas of pharmaceutical science and technology and life sciences engineering. Special areas of focus include biotechnology, biomolecular engineering, and tissue engineering; the design, manufacture, and applications of nanostructured materials; and energy and sustainability.
We maintain close ties with industry leaders —such as DuPont, ExxonMobil, L’Oréal, and Merck—that support CBE programs with research and on-site training opportunities.
Degrees Offered and Curricular Options
The Chemical and Biochemical Engineering Department offers the following degree programs:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering
• Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts Dual Degree
• Bachelor of Science/Master of Science Five-year Dual Degree
• Bachelor of Science/Master of Engineering Five-year Dual Degree
• Bachelor of Science/Master of Business Administration Five-year Dual Degree
• Master of Business Science Degree in Chemical Engineering
• Master of Engineering Degree Pharmaceutical Engineering
• Doctoral Degree Chemical Engineering
- Engineer alternative fuels
- Engineer new biotechnologies
- Manufacture chemicals
- Design and construct chemical plants
- Create new consumer goods Improve environmental health and safety
- Develop new foods and beverages
- Engineer new pharmaceuticals
- Engineer waste management systems
Meet Tiffany Yang
“Women need to see other women in male-dominated industries. I want to be an inspiration to women to achieve in uncomfortable spaces.”