Rutgers Alumna Named Among Most Powerful Female Engineers

In recognition of National Engineers Week, Business Insider recognizes 43 powerful female engineers who are "leading important tech teams at important companies...and building cool cutting-edge technologies at startups." Among the developers, designers, engineering directors, bio scientists, nuclear scientists, and rocket scientists celebrated includes School of Engineering alumna Reates Curry. 

Aaron Mazzeo (MAE) Receives NSF Early CAREER Award

Papertronic Sensors for Concurrent Bioelectrical and Sweat-based Diagnostics

Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering assistant professor and Honors College faculty fellow Aaron Mazzeo is a 2017 recipient of a National Science Foundation CAREER Award. Mazzeo was recognized for his research developing disposable, paper-based electronics with a focus on material processing, characterization, and modeling of wearable sensors to monitor sweat and bioelectrical signals. 

Engineers Without Borders

In January 2016, five members of the Rutgers chapter of Engineers Without Borders went to Kolunje,Kenya, to finish installing rainwater catchment systems, which provide clean water for schools in the village of 7,000. Members returned in January 2017 to install a well system. Bechtel, Boeing, and Lockheed Martin sponsored the project.




Engineering Faculty Member Honored by National Academy of Inventors

Richard E. Riman, distinguished professor of materials science and engineering in the School of Engineering at Rutgers University–New Brunswick, has been elected as a Fellow of the National Academy of Inventors.

The academy announced its 2016 fellows December 13, including more than 94 presidents and senior leaders of research universities, as well as 28 Nobel Laureates.


Subscribe to Rutgers University School of Engineering RSS