Before you apply, please note:
- This application is for continuing School of Engineering students only, not for incoming first-year students or new transfer students.
- For full consideration, applications to all SoE scholarships for AY 2019-20 must be submitted before 5:00 PM on Friday, May 17, 2019.
- If you are in Class of 2021, and would like to be considered for the Alumni-Industry Scholar program, you must submit this application before 11:59 PM on Sunday, April 14, 2019. For more information, please visit the Alumni-Industry Scholar Program page or contact via email aischolar @ soe.rutgers.edu. Applicants who are not selected for the Alumni-Industry Scholar program will be automatically considered for other SoE scholarships, no additional SoE scholarship application is needed.
- All students are required to submit a 2-page (single or double-space, your call) personal statement (in MS Word or PDF format) to help the committee understand your development as a member of the community, your personal and professional achievement, as well as how this scholarship would support your career pursuit.
- US residents are required to submit a FAFSA or a FAFSA Renewal form. If there is a recent change of the financial status at your household, please file for Change in Family Circumstances at the Office of Financial Aid (https://financialaid.rutgers.edu/apply/forms/change-in-family-circumstances). In the meantime, you can submit an optional financial statement describing the family circumstances for need-based consideration.
- International students are required to submit a financial statement to justify unmet financial need. International students are required to have sufficient financial support each year when they were granted a student visa at the time of admission. So this statement is about what has changed financially since the admission. The students are required to provide supporting documents for the stated change of financial status. For example, if you state that a parent has recently become unemployed, then you would need to provide unemployment document of your parent. If there is a medical emergency related cost in the family, then you need to provide a copy of the medical bills.
Please note that you are competing with a large number of eligible applicants. It is important to answer these questions honestly and thoroughly.
Applicants will be notified of the decision from the scholarship committee via email by Monday, August 19, 2019. The scholarship recipients should be able to check their award status during the week of Aug. 19 through the Financial Aid Award Status page. If you have any questions with submitting the form, please contact the SoE Scholarship Committee via email (scholarships @ soe.rutgers.edu). Please state clearly your full name, your 9-digit RUID, and the issue you are having with the submission process.