The Rutgers University Women in Engineering Leadership League (RU WELL) is an innovative program designed to increase the retention and graduation of women in engineering. If you currently hold, or would like to hold, a position of leadership on-campus, RU WELL will assist you through leadership development opportunities. The League provides monthly leadership seminars, e-mentoring (matched with a women in industry or academia), and information about internships, co-ops, and research opportunities.
- Participate in 80% of Leadership seminars
- Communicate via email with your mentor at least once a month
- Communicate via email with your protégé
- Participate in at least 1 Corporate Visit a year
- Actively pursue an internship or co-op
- Secure a position of leadership within an engineering student organization (either serve on the executive board or organize/facilitate an event for the organization)
- Provide continuous feedback
Prospective RU WELL Members
- You must be a current first or second year student majoring in engineering
- Complete the application available online (available each fall).
- Acceptance to the program is based on prior and current leadership experience, as well as a personal statement outlining future career goals.
If you are interested in more information about RU WELL, please contact: Candiece White Director of Women in Engineering Programs Telephone: 732-445-2687x18 Fax: 732-445-5878 firstname.lastname@example.org Office of Student Development, B-110