Honors Academy students are challenged with accelerated courses and have the opportunity to participate in Rutgers' prestigious James J. Slade Scholars research program which culminates in a final presentation and an honors thesis.
This option provides valuable experience to those students interested in a research-focused career. Participation includes independent research with faculty oversight and a thesis along with peer review sessions.
Students successfully completing the program which requires approval by the research committee receive a special honors certificate and recognition upon commencement.
Student Research Projects
A sampling of research projects that Honors Academy students have contributed to include:
- A targeted drug delivery system for the treatment of diabetic nephropathy
- 3D Optical Imaging of Cancer Targeted Nanoparticles
- Food Waste Minimization/Conversion
- Lunar Structures
- Assessing the Biofuel and Photosynthetic Capacity of Transgenic Microalgae
- Increasing broadband for flutter-based wind energy harvesting device, using inflatable pneumatic actuators
MEET J.J. SLADE SCHOLAR>>Oren Merhav