Parking, Shuttling and Getting Around on Friday May 17th (SoE Convocation): Parking for all School of Engineering festivities on Busch campus will be in lot 54 or you may park at Livingston Campus Yellow lot and take the campus bus (look for summer bus schedule) to the Busch Campus Student Center bus stop.
Parking, Shuttling and Getting Around: With more than 40,000 people expected on our Busch, College Avenue, Cook/Douglass, and Livingston campuses on Sunday May 19th, parking will be limited. Therefore, Commencement parking hangtags will be required for access to the parking zones established for the day. Graduating students will be given priority for parking. However, you are required to register online to obtain parking hangtags. Please note that the parking hangtags issued by Rutgers Department of Transportation for use during the year will not be valid for parking on Sunday.
Graduating Students (NetID Login Required): Register March 25 @ 10:00am - April 22, 2019 @ 10:00am for Commencement hangtags for Sunday May 19th ceremonies.
- PARKING TAGS WILL BE MAILED OUT to the address you specified.
- During the mandatory parking tag registration period, the system will only be available to students, who must log in with a NetID.
- Paid parking registration is available online to students and guests starting April 22, 2019 @ 10:00am and goes to April 30 10:00am. Each parking hangtag is $5.
- After April 30, 2019 - Pay $5 at cash lots on Livingston Campus in Piscataway. On the College Avenue Campus in New Brunswick, on-street and paid lots are available.
- The hangtags, along with maps and instructions, will be mailed in late-April to the address you specified when ordering.
- Please check Parking & Getting Around for more details. Once graduating students are able to register for their two free hangtags, any remaining hangtags will be available for purchase for $5 on the parking website. There will be shuttles from parking zones every 3-5 minutes, with some additional services for special needs persons (848-932-2469).
Special Needs Parking is available and in addition to government-issued handicapped parking placards, special Rutgers hangtags are required and must be secured well in advance by registering online for University Commencement on May 19th only, the School of engineering Convocation on May 17th will not need a hangtag, handicap parking will be available in the green lot at the Rutgers Athletic Center (RAC).
- There will be a Pull Up and Drop Off service for Special Needs for the School of Engineering event on Friday May 17th in the Green Lot area behind Henry's diner where you can get a ride with the knightingale shuttle at the corner on Honors Plaza on Livingston Campus. If you require a wheelchair for mobility, you must bring your own wheelchair.
- Special Needs Seating Information: Upon arrival at the stadium and/or RAC, limited handicapped seating is available. This section is on a first-come, first-served basis. Only one family member may sit in the special needs area. For questions related to special needs parking at University Commencement, please contact 848-932-2469.
- Hearing Impaired: an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter will be provided at the Engineering Convocation on Friday May 17th only if you contact us at 848 445-8535. For the University Commencement on Sunday May 19th an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter will be provided. For questions related to special-needs accommodations at University Commencement, contact us at 848-932-2469.
- Service Animals: Service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are allowed at the ceremony. All other animals are prohibited from the School of Engineering Convocation and the University Commencement. Visit the ADA website for details.
- Indoor and Off-Site Viewing Options: Take advantage of these indoor viewing options for University Commencement on May 19th:
- Live Streaming Webcast: View University Commencement online from this website on May 19. A high-speed internet connection, such as cable or fiber optic network, is recommended.
- Indoor Viewing at Student Centers: Watch University Commencement from the comfort of indoor viewing rooms at the Busch Student Center, Livingston Student Center, or College Avenue Student Center. Situated indoors, guests can enjoy watching a live stream of University Commencement and the School of Arts and Sciences Convocation in the comfort of air conditioning and cushioned seats, and remain out of the sun and weather. Restrooms and limited concessions will be open. Curbside drop-off to any of these student centers is available as well. No tickets are required, and seating is general admission.