All SOE students complete their own registration via webreg during the appropriate time frames. The ONLY time registration is done for you is during your first semester at the School of Engineering coming from high school. The Registrar posts registration dates each semester. The Office of Academic Services (B100) will send out a reminder email to students regarding add/drop drop dates. When considering dropping courses or withdrawing completely from the semester, please keep in mind how this may affect your financial aid or Standards of Academic Progress. Please also note your exam schedule.
SOE Registration Dates
Calendar - http://nbregistrar.rutgers.edu/undergrad/calendar.htm
Registration - http://nbregistrar.rutgers.edu/undergrad/reginfo.htm
- Sept 1, 2020: First day of classes
- Sept 14 2020: Last day to add and last day to drop classes without a "W" via WEBREG.
- Sept 14, 2020: Last day to withdraw from school (all classes, no W's, and 100% refund)
- Nov 8, 2020: Spring 2021 registration begins
- Nov 30, 2020: Last day to drop classes via WEBREG. If dropping below 12cr, please email a Dean or Advisor.
- Nov 30, 2020: Last day to withdraw from school (all classes, all W's, no refund, must contact a DEAN, not an advisor).
Some things to consider:
If you have an absence from school that is lengthy or so involved that you cannot reasonably make up the missed work in a timely fashion, you should see a dean in Academic Services to discuss your options of withdrawing from one or more classes. For absences longer than 2 weeks or for chronic health conditions, students have the following approaches to their education:
1. Health first: Take a leave of absence (also known as a semester withdrawal) from school in order to attend to any serious health, emotional, or other extenuating circumstances.
2. For chronic issues while attending school, seek support from one or more of the following University support services:
- CAPS: Counseling, ADAP, and and Psychiatric Services
- ODS: Office of Disability Services
- CSP: College Support Program - Autism Spectum
- University College Community
- Veterans Services
3. Attend school as any other student. Absence Verification letters from a dean would be for short term absences with specific dates. SOE deans and faculty do not have a blanket semester excusal or similar accommodation. If your circumstances are so severe that they are affecting school for more than 2 weeks, you should keep in touch with the academic deans in the Office of Academic Services (B100) so that we can provide you with options including course withdrawals, a complete semester withdrawal, etc.
Note: There is a set of courses that if you fail any of them twice, you will not be able to register for a third time without approval from a dean. If you are in this situation, please see your dean. The set of courses comes from the following subjects: math, chemistry, biology, and computer science (01:640:111, 01:640:112, 01:640:115, 01:640:135, 01:640:151, 01:640:152, 01:119:115, 01:119:116, 01:160:161, 01:160:162, 01:160:307, 01:160:308, 01:198:111, 01:198:112).