This form is for the PRE-authorization for transfer credit. School of Engineering students wishing to take courses during the summer or winter sessions at a New Jersey community college or at Rutgers Newark or Rutgers Camden MUST have the course PRE-approved. A separate form must be submitted for each institution.
NOTE: This form is NOT for courses already completed!!! (e.g., taken during high school)
For courses at other 4 year institutions, please visit Pre-Authorization for Transfer Credit: Other 4 Year Schools
For courses at Rutgers Newark or Camden, please visit: Pre-Authorization for Transfer Credit: RU_NWK_CMDN
Please keep in mind the following:
- Form must be submitted at least 2 weeks before the course starts.
- Online Writing, Math, Science, Engineering (STEM) courses are NOT acceptable.
- Online Psychology and Economics courses are only acceptable to fulfill SOE elective requirements and cannot be granted exact course equivalency, and cannot be used as a pre-req for upper level courses.
- Form is invalid if a pre-req is failed or withdrawn.
- Writing or STEM courses cannot be taken during the Winter session.
- After the course has been completed, the student must request that an official transcript from the external institution be sent directly to SOE.