2019 Engineers Week Competition!
Earn points for your department by attending National Engineers Week (EWeek) events. Total number of attendance points are counted after each event and the total points tallied at the end of the week.
For each event, the distribution of points will be based upon the percentage of each major that attends and/or participates. Since there are eight categories of engineering majors, the highest number of points a major will receive for one event is eight points. The points will decrease consecutively from there. Ex: There are 8 categories for majors/departments. The departments that are the most represented at each event will be ranked and awarded points accordingly. The one who is represented the most will get 8 and the one who is represented the least will get 1. No representation will equal 0.
- Look for the QR code and enter your department, name, and RUID.
- Volunteers for all the events will be counted as double the points.
- If you are a participant in the Rube Goldberg Competition or Cardboard Canoe Race, you will earn double the points.
- Students, faculty, staff, and alumni can all contribute points to their major!
The top three individuals who attend the most EWeek events will win engineering gear!
Monday, February 18, 2019
Rube Goldberg Competition
- Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Location: Busch Student Center, International Lounge
Tuesday, February 19, 2019
- Time: 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Location: Biomedical Engineering Building
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
A Conversation with...
- Topic: Why Engineers Make Great CEOs
- Time: 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Location: Richard Weeks Hall, Room 102
Thursday, February 21, 2019
Cardboard Canoe Races
- Time: 7:15 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Location: Sony Werblin Recreation Center