IE Program Educational Objectives
The current educational objectives of the Industrial Engineering program are:
Graduates will meet the expectations of employers of Industrial engineers.
Qualified graduates will pursue advanced study if they so desire.
Graduates will pursue leadership positions in their profession and/or communities.
IE Student Outcomes
Students from the Industrial Engineering program will attain (by the time of graduation)
1. an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
2. an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
3. an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
4. an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
5. an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
6. an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
7. an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Enrollment Degree Data