The mission of the Rutgers University Women in Engineering Initiative (RU WEI) is to provide support for future and current female engineers and to engage various stakeholders in women in engineering programs. RU WE has four objectives: (1) to recruit young women into engineering; (2) to provide support for currently enrolled female engineering students; (3) to link various stakeholders in an effort to enhance the diversity of the engineering workforce; and (4) to contribute to existing research frameworks. For more information, please contact Candiece White (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Beginning in Fall 2012, the Douglass Women in Engineering Living-Learning Community will offer first-year, undergraduate women in engineering a residential home on the Busch campus. This unique partnership between Douglass Residential College and the School of Engineering will provide incoming students the opportunity to live, learn, and connect to an active academic and social network designed to ease the transition to Rutgers and facilitate success in engineering. Find out more information on the Douglass Women in Engineering Living Learning Community by visiting our page.
Click here for further information.
- Rutgers University Women in Engineering Leadership League (RU WELL) provides monthly leadership development seminars and e-mentoring.
- The Academy at Rutgers for Girls in Engineering & Technology (TARGET) is an exciting program that engages 6th-11th graders in hands-on projects that introduce the fascinating world of engineering!
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) is a student-run organization that is affiliated with the national Society of Women Engineers. The group meets every Wednesday at 7pm throughout the academic year.
- Phi Sigma Rho is a student-run sorority that is affiliated with the national Phi Sigma Rho sorority. They are involved in community service and actively involved on-campus.
- Intrepid Graduate Team Leader visit on January 11th. Please contact us if you are interested.
- K-12 students are invited to help us celebrate National Engineers Week on February 24th by attending a morning of fun! You'll engage in a series of hands-on engineering projects and meet our amazing college students. For more information, please have your math or science teacher call 732-445-2687 x15.
- Stay tuned for RU WELL Spring Seminar Series.
- TARGET applications will be available January 18th.
- Summer Counselor applications will be available January 7th.