- Incoming first-year students or new transfer students to the School of Engineering please visit the scholarship information page for new students.
- Merit-Aid Scholarships (Scarlet, Carr, Trustees, Henry Rutgers, Presidential, etc.) are automatically renewed, and no application is needed. Students must meet the Criterion for Renewal of the Merit-Aid Scholarships.
- School of Engineering endowed scholarships are for continuing undergraduate students only. Given the limited funds, SoE Scholarships are highly selective.
- For School of Engineering Study Abroad scholarship application, please visit the SoE SA program page.
- For other scholarship opportunities or financial aid available to Rutgers students, please visit Office of Financial Aid.
- Continuing undergraduate students (US residents or international) with demonstrated leadership activities and services to the community, high academic merits, and/or high unmet financial needs.
- First-year or new transfer students will be eligible to apply after completing at least one semester of full-time study at the SoE in an engineering major.
Demonstrate Unmet Financial Needs
- File a FAFSA (US Residents)
US residents are required to submit a FAFSA or a FAFSA Renewal form (forms can be filed electronically or by mail - forms are available in the Financial Aid Office in Records Hall). If there is a recent change of the facial status at your household, please file for Change in Family Circumstances at the Office of Financial Aid (https://financialaid.rutgers.edu/apply/forms/change-in-family-circumstances). In the meantime, you can submit an optional financial statement describing the family circumstances. Be sure to document any special circumstances such as medical bills, unemployment verification, or any related bills that you think the committee should consider and attach them to your financial statement. Additional financial aid information can be found at: RU Financial Aid.
- Financial Statement (International Students)
International students who are not eligible to file a FAFSA MUST submit a financial statement along with your Scholarship application. International students are required to have sufficient financial support each year when they were granted a student visa at the time of admission. So this statement should describe what has changed financially since the admission. The students are required to provide supporting documents for the stated change of facial status. For example, if you state that a parent has recently become unemployed, then you would need to provide unemployment document of your parent. If there is a medical emergency related cost in the family, then you need to provide a copy of the medical record.
Submit a SoE scholarship application
The Scholarship application for Academic Year 2017-18 is now open, it will remain open till 5:00 p.m. on Monday, May 1, 2017. The scholarship recipients will be notified via email by Monday, July 31, 2017. We hope to have the awards implemented by Monday, Aug. 14, 2017.
Before you apply, please note that
- All scholarship applications for Academic Year 2017-18 must be submitted before 5:00 p.m. on Monday, May 1, 2017 in order to be eligible.
- The SoE scholarships are for continuing School of Engineering students only. This does not include incoming first-year or new transfer students.
- All applicants are required to submit a 2-page (single- or double-space, your call) personal statement (on your engineering aspirations, leadership activities, personal and professional achievements, career pursuits, etc.) in MS Word or PDF format.
- US residents are required to submit a FAFSA or a FAFSA Renewal form. International students who are not eligible to submit a FAFSA are required to submit a financial statement. See above for a description, under "Demonstrate Unmet Financial Needs".
- Click here to submit a scholarship application for continuing students
Study Abroad Scholarships
For questions regarding the School of Engineering Scholarship for Study Abroad, please visit study abroad scholarship page or contact Dean Robert Ciervo for more questions (robert.ciervo @ rutgers.edu; Engineering B100; 848-445-2212).
- School of Engineering Scholarships
For questions regarding the School of Engineering Scholarship, please contact the SoE Scholarship Committee (scholarships @ soe.rutgers.edu).