- Incoming first-year students or new transfer students to the School of Engineering please visit the scholarship information page for new students.
- School of Engineering endowed scholarships are for continuing undergraduate students only. Given the limited funds, SoE Scholarships are highly selective.
- For School of Engineering Study Abroad scholarship application, please visit the SoE SA program page.
- For other scholarship opportunities or financial aid available to Rutgers students, please visit Office of Finanical Aid.
- Countinuing undergraduate students (US residents or international) with demontrated leadership activities and services to the community, high academic merits, and/or high unmet financial needs.
- First-year or new transfer students will be eligible to apply after completing at least one semester of full-time study at the SoE in an engineering major.
Demonstrate Unmet Financial Needs
- File a FAFSA (US Residents)
To demontrate unmet financial needs, students with US citizenship must file either a FAFSA or a Renewal FAFSA form (forms can be filed electronically or by mail - forms are available in the Financial Aid Office in Records Hall). Be sure to document any special circumstances such as medical bills, unemployment verification, or any related bills that you think the committee should consider and attach them to your scholarship application. Additional financial aid information can be found at: RU Financial Aid.
- Financial Statement (International Students)
International students who are not eligible to file a FAFSA MUST submit a financial statement along with your Scholarship application. Be sure to document any special circumstances such as medical bills, unemployment verification, or any related bills that you think the committee should consider and attach them to your financial statement when submitting your scholarship application.
Submit a SoE scholarship application
The Scholarship application for Academic Year 2017-18 is now open, it will remain open till 5:00 p.m. on Monday, May 1, 2017. The scholarship receipients will be notified via email by Monday, July 31, 2017. We hope to have the awards implemented by Monday, Aug. 14, 2017.
Before you apply, please note that
- All scholarship applications for Academic Year 2017-18 must be submitted before 5:00 p.m. on Monday, May 1, 2017 in order to be eligible.
- The SoE scholarships are for continuing School of Engineering students only. This does not include incoming first-year or new transfer students.
- All applicants are required to submit a 2-page personal statement (on your engineering aspirations, leadership activities, personal and professional achievements, financial situation, etc.) in MS Word or PDF format.
- US residents are required to submit a FAFSA or a FAFSA Renewal form. International students are required to submit a statement on your unmet financial need.
- Click here to submit a scholarship application for continuing students
Study Abroad Scholarships
For questions regarding the School of Engineering Scholarship for Study Abroad, please visit study abroad scholarship page or contact Dean Robert Ciervo for more questions (robert.ciervo @ rutgers.edu; Engineering B100; 848-445-2212).
- School of Engineering Scholarships
For questions regarding the School of Engineering Scholarship, please contact the SoE Scholarship Committee (scholarships @ soe.rutgers.edu).