This form is for the PRE-authorization for transfer credit for courses taken at Other 4 Year External institutions that are NOT New Jersey Community College or Rutgers Newark/Camden. School of Engineering Students wishing to take courses during the summer or winter sessions at an External 4 year institution MUST have the course PRE-approved. This form must also be used by any student seeking to transfer credit into Rutgers School of Engineering from any Study Abroad experience. A separate form must be submitted for each institution.
For courses at New Jersey Community Colleges, please visit: Pre-Authorization for Transfer Credit: NJCC
For courses at Rutgers Newark or Camden, please visit: Pre-Authorization for Transfer Credit: RU_NWK_CMDN
Please keep in mind the following:
- Online Writing, Math, Science, Engineering (STEM) courses are NOT acceptable.
- STEM courses may NOT be taken at International Institutions during the Winter or Summer terms.
- Online Psychology and Economics courses are only acceptable to fulfill SOE elective requirements and cannot be granted exact course equivalency, and cannot be used as a pre-req for upper level courses.
- Form is invalid if a pre-req is failed or withdrawn.
- Writing or STEM courses cannot be taken during the Winter session.
- After the course has been completed, the student must request that an official transcript from the external institution be sent directly to SOE.