Tips for Planning Your Day
Don't forget to bring your special hangtag to park on campus. Check our Parking & Getting Around section for more information.
As traffic volume will be heavy, please allow additional travel time. We recommend that you carpool or consider taking public transportation to campus.
DO NOT WAIT ON YOUR GRADUATE PLEASE HEAD TO THE LOUIS BROWN ATHLETIC CENTER AFTER UNIVERSITY COMMENCEMENT. THE GRADUATES MUST BE LINED UP FOR THE ENGINEERING CONVOCATION AND READY TO GO NO LATER THAN 12:45pm.
Be certain to wear comfortable shoes for the days activities. Expect moderate walking. Know that the venues have concrete flooring and steps.
School of Engineering Convocation Parking information.
In case of inclement weather please bring umbrellas and or ponchos.
There will be a security check at the stadium and the RAC. Please review the new Rutgers Athletics Bag Policy. Only clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC bags and small clutch purses will be allowed into the stadium. Backpacks and large bags/purses are not permitted. Attendees may bring umbrellas and strollers into the stadium and the RAC in exception to the policy. Learn more about allowable carry-in items.
PARENTS & GUESTS: ATTENTION THERE WILL BE NO BALLOONS ALLOWED IN THE LOUIS BROWN ATHLETIC CENTER (RAC)
CONCESSION STANDS WILL BE OPEN in the Rutgers Athletic Center (RAC) to purchase FOOD.
TRANSPORTATION to Livingston Campus is located by the practice bubble closest to GATE C out front of the stadium. Look for the Livingston Campus signs.
Restaurants and Eateries
NEW BRUNSWICK RESTAURANTS AND EATERIES
Nearby Highland Park is known for its specialty dining, dessert shops, ice-cream parlors, and wifi-equipped cafés.
NEW BRUNSWICK AND PISCATAWAY HOTELS
Most of the Rutgers–New Brunswick Campus is located in the city of New Brunswick and the town of Piscataway.
OTHER NEARBY HOTELS
Hotels in these nearby towns also offer easy access to Rutgers–New Brunswick.
Guests: This years ceremony will be at the Louis Brown Athletic Center (RAC) at 1:00pm. An invitation is NOT needed to gain access.
- Seating: Seating for the Convocation is provided for faculty and graduates only. All others are on a first come first served basis.
- Flowers: Family and Friends can pre-order flowers to be ready and pick them up at the graduation as you walk in the doors of the Louis Brown Athletic Center for the big day! Just go to CommencementFlowers.com, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM WHEN ORDERING, YOUR CEREMONY TIME AND LOCATION (1:30pm Louis Brown Athletic Center - RAC).
- Photos: Guests will not be permitted to approach the platform area for the purpose of taking pictures while the ceremony is in progress and the graduating students are on the stage. A professional photographic studio (Chappell - Grad Images) will take pictures of all graduates as they receive their diploma. They will email proofs to the students just a few days after graduation and you can place your order online, by telephone or mail. GradImages may be contacted at 800-261-2576 or www.gradimages.com.
- Commemorative T-Shirt Advance Orders: Pre-order a commemorative T-shirt and have them shipped to your home, please fill out THIS FORM and follow instructions. NOTE shirts are not available for shipping until the week before Commencement, as we do not have the final list of potential graduates until we are close to the event – inclusion on the shirt does not guarantee that a student has completed all requirements for graduation! Pre-order a Commemorative T-shirt today
- Food & Beverages at the Louis Brown Athletic Center: Food will not be permitted in the Athletic Center. Food and beverages maybe purchased outside of the Athletic Center.