Credit Load - Maximum And Minimum
Rutgers University - School of Engineering, is a full time day program. Although students have the option to be part-time (by taking less than 12 credits), it is difficult to complete the degree program as a part-time students because most of our undergraduate classes are offered during the daytime.
- To drop a course below 12cr in the current semester, Click HERE.
- The maximum credit load during the fall and spring semesters is 21 credits. During early registration (ie. when you register in the spring for the fall), you are only allowed 19 credits. This limit will be extended to 21 credits once the semester begins.
- The minimum credit load during the fall and spring semestersis 12 credits. If there are extenuating circumstances which make it necessary for you to reduce your course load below 12, you are considered part-time.
- Part-time status may make you ineligible for services like: University Housing, Financial Aid, or coverage on your family health insurance. You can purchase inexpensive health insurance from the University: http://riskmanagement.rutgers.edu.
- The maximum credit load during the summer is 11 credits.
For either part-time or overload in a future semester,you must submit a Part-Time/Overload form for approval to the Office of Academic Services B-100.
Note: This form is NOT for dropping classes in the current semester. See: dropping a class in the current semester.