This form is for all incoming class of 2022 students (excluding transfer student), registering for the Fall 2018 semester. We will create your Fall schedule based on your math and writing placement results, AP scores, and other credits (IB, A-level, Dual-enrollment).
AP, IB, A-level, other credits:
- For AP credit equivalencies: AP Credits
- For IB Exam equivalencies: IB Exams
- For Cambridge A-level equivalencies: A-level Exams
Humanities/Social Sciences Elective Choices:
Every incoming first year student (excluding transfer students) should try to take one lower level humanities/social sciences elective during their first semester. This is NOT mandatory. If you do NOT wish to take an elective during the Fall, you can indicate this as a choice from the pull-down menu.
If you would like to take a H/SS elective, please complete this form with your top 3 choices. Descriptions to most of the courses can be found HERE.
If you are interested in also taking a Byrne Seminar, descriptions can be found HERE. (Byrne Seminars are small, one-credit courses offered only to first-year students at Rutgers-New Brunswick. Offered through the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs, these classes are taught by our world-renowned faculty, who come from departments and professional schools across the university. The Byrne Family First-Year Seminar Program offers students the chance to experience the excitement of original research as faculty members share their curiosity, their intellectual passion, and how they develop new ideas and fields of knowledge.)
Our policy for H/SS electives:
1. Students must complete a total of 12 credits (4 courses) of Humanities/Social Sciences electives before they graduate.
2. Out of the 4 courses, no more than 2 of them can be 100 level courses.
3. Out of the 4 courses, at least 2 of them must be in the same Subject area, and no more than one within the same subject area can be 100 level.
4. AP credits may be applied towards some electives. For course equivalencies, please check HERE.
This form MUST be completed by: SUNDAY, 6/8/18, 6PM.