Parking, Shuttling and Getting Around: With more than 40,000 people expected on our Busch, College Avenue, Cook/Douglass, and Livingston campuses on May 13th, parking will be limited. Therefore, Commencement parking hangtags will be required for access to the parking zones established for the day. Graduating students will be given priority for parking. However, you are required to register online to obtain parking hangtags. Please note that the parking hangtags issued by Rutgers Department of Transportation for use during the year will not be valid for parking on Sunday.
IF YOU ARE ATTENDING THE SOE CEREMONY IN THE RAC, IT IS BEST TO PARK ON LIVINGSTON CAMPUS.
- PARKING TAGS WILL BE MAILED OUT to the address you specified.
- During the mandatory parking tag registration period, the system will only be available to students, who must log in with a NetID. Registration will go live TODAY at 10:00am, and will end on APRIL 16, 2018 10:00AM.
- Paid parking registration is available online to students and guests starting APRIL 16, 2017 @ 10:00am and goes to April 30, 2018 10:00am. Each parking hangtag is $5.
- After April 30, 2018 - Pay $5 at cash lots on Livingston Campus in Piscataway. On the College Avenue Campus in New Brunswick, on-street and paid lots are available.
- We suggest that you purchase parking where you will end your day, for Engineers that will be on Livingston.
- Your choice will be final. You may not change your selection or contact information later.
- The hangtags, along with maps and instructions, will be mailed in late-April to the address you specified when ordering.
- Engineering Convocation (at the RAC) is following University Commencement.
- Students attending Engineering Convocation should try to park on Livingston.
- There will be shuttles every 3-5min to and from the north entrance of the stadium (Sutphen Rd) and the RAC/Livingston parking area. There are no other stops.
- Please check Parking & Getting Around for more details. When planning for this special day, please request parking for the zone where you will end your day and for Engineering that is LIVINGSTON CAMPUS. To park in these zones on Sunday, May 13th, graduating students must register to receive parking hangtags for themselves and their guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Once graduating students are able to register for their two free hangtags, any remaining hangtags will be available for purchase for $5 on the parking website. There will be shuttles from parking zones every 3-5 minutes, with some additional services for special needs persons (848-932-2469).
- If you require a wheelchair for mobility, you must bring your own wheelchair.
- Special Needs Seating Information: Upon arrival at the stadium and/or RAC, limited handicapped seating is available. This section is on a first-come, first-served basis. Only one family member may sit in the special needs area.
- For questions related to special needs parking at University Commencement, please contact 848-932-2469. For Special Needs parking for the School of Engineering Convocation: Please use your livingston parking hang tag to get on campus, once arriving on Livingston campus please ask the parking attendants where the handicap parking is located, please also bring your regular handicap parking tag.
- For more information please visit http://commencement.rutgers.edu
- There will be a Pull Up and Drop Off service for Special Needs in front of the Rutgers Athletic Center (RAC), Livingston Campus.