University Commencement and the School of Engineering Convocation ceremonies will be held on Sunday, May 13, 2018.
At University Commencement (at 10:00am in the stadium), graduates from all schools and all campuses come together in a culminating celebration where the president of the university confers all degrees. More information about University Commencement. If attending University Commencement graduates must wear their regalia, arrive by 9:00am and head to the marshaling area, in the south end of the stadium.
At the School of Engineering Convocation Ceremony (in the RAC at 1:30pm), undergraduate SOE students walk across the stage as their individual names are called. Additional information is below. Note: Graduate students have a separate ceremony through the Graduate School of New Brunswick.
School of Engineering Convocation Ceremony
Location: Louis Brown Athletic Center (the RAC), Livingston Campus
Line up:12:45 *DO NOT BE LATE*
Ceremony begins: promptly at 1:30pm, lasting ~2 hours
GRADUATING SENIORS: Every Graduating Senior will walk across the stage as their name is read. Seniors will shake hands with SOE Deans and Faculty. A professional photographer will be there to capture these moments.
- Student Shout Outs: You can record a special message that will be played graduation day: http://commencement.rutgers.edu/steps-to-commencement#step6
- Invitations/Announcements: Each student will be able to pick up 5 FREE paper announcements from B100 starting March 19, 2018. Invitations are for keepsake and for time/date info. These invitations are NOT required for entrance into the SOE ceremony. NOTE: these inivitations are NOT tickets to the University Commencement ceremony in the stadium. For questions about UC, see commencement.rutgers.edu. Honors Cords (3.2+ gpa as of the fall): will be available for pick up from B100 (March 19 – May 1, 2018). SOE is giving them to you for FREE. Honors announcement at the ceremony does NOT include spring grades (there is no time to confirm spring grades for the ceremony). Your diploma and transcript will have the final honors including spring grades.
- Regalia - Regalia can be purchased at Barnes & Noble located at 100 Somerset Street, New Brunswick or at the one day Grad Fair TBA. NO Regalia sold on day of graduation at the RAC or Stadium.
- Parking, Shuttling and Getting Around
- **IMPORTANT GRADUATE INFORMATION**: AFTER University Commencement, STUDENTS please make your way up SECTIONS 101 and 102 out GATE A to the LIVINGSTON CAMPUS BUS, which may be taken from the Practice Bubble near the front of the stadium closest to GATE C. Engineers please meet your parents at the Louis Brown Athletic Center (RAC) DO NOT WAIT get on the bus to Livingston for the School of Engineering Convocation, student line up is 12:45pm. **DO NOT BE LATE** - SNACKS AND BEVERAGES WILL BE PROVIDED IN THE MARSHALING AREA.
- There will be a security check at the Louis Brown Athletic Center. - ATTENTION: NO BALLOONS ARE ALLOWED IN THE LOUIS BROWN ATHLETIC CENTER -
- Programs: Programs for parents and guests will be available as they arrive prior to the start of the ceremony. Graduates will have programs at their seats.
- Diplomas at graduation: At graduation, when you walk across the stage, you will be handed a certificate. The actual diploma is mailed from the Registrar. More diploma info.
- Pictures: a professional photographer, GradImages, will take pictures as the graduates walk across the stage and another behind a backdrop. Pre-register with Grad Images.
- Academic Requirements
- Departmental Receptions: The various departments of the School of Engineering will schedule receptions for their graduates and guests on Saturday May 12, 2018, the day before the ceremony. Invitations with details will be sent by each department.
- Senior Send-off: This will be held Saturday, May 12, 2018 from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. under a tent in the Engineering Quad. To RSVP click HERE.