ChE Program Educational Objectives
The current educational objectives of the Chemical Engineering program are:
- be innovative, competent, contributing engineers
- Apply engineering and science principles and methods to solve challenging, realworld engineering problems. Demonstrate excellent communication and teamwork skills. Adhere to high ethical standards.
- take on new responsibilities, move into new areas of opportunity and assume leadership roles
- Advance to positions of increasing responsibility and expertise. Earn promotions and assume team leadership positions. Interact and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams.
- continue their professional development, with some obtaining advanced degrees in engineering and allied disciplines, including business, medicine and law
- Engage in professional training to remain current in the field; transition into new areas through work experiences and/or completion of an advanced degree.
ChE Student Outcomes
Students from the Chemical Engineering program will attain (by the time of graduation):
(a) an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
(b) an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
(c) an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
(d) an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
(e) an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
(f) an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
(g) an ability to communicate effectively
(h) the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
(i) a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
(j) a knowledge of contemporary issues
(k) an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
Enrollment Degree Data